Code of Ethics
1. Members shall give fair and accurate measure in products, making use of proper identification and labeling as to
quality, weight, count, and/or volume.
2. Services and goods shall be delivered as promised and members shall declare any implied, limited or full warranty,
or the lack thereof, and honor it.
3. Members shall maintain high standards of plant cleanliness and sanitation, maintaining those standards in areas of
transportation, distribution and sale to fully protect product quality and integrity.
4. Members shall comply with local, state and/or federal regulations and standards as applicable to goods and services
5. Advertising and all promotions, whether delivered in written, oral or audiovisual format, shall be truthful and accurate,
and without misrepresentation.
6. Members shall not misrepresent product or service, the nature, or scope of their business operations, nor imply
that a specific quantity or selection of foods is adequate for the purchaser's entire requirements in any specific period
when such is not the fact.
7. Members shall provide customers with an accurate declaration of price by pound, ounce, count, weight, volume or
unit for all meat and/or other food items.
8. Savings shall not be promised to customers unless they can be fully substantiated.
9.Members shall emphasize animal welfare and shall provide humane treatment for livestock and poultry during
transport, holding, and slaughter. Employees involved with animals will be expected to practice humane handling
10. Illegal actions or violations of law committed by firms, or individuals, agents or other representatives of such
firms, may be considered grounds for rejection of an application for membership in the Colorado Association of
Meat Processors and the Wyoming Meat Processors Association when such firms, individuals, agents or other representatives
of such firms make such application through the same or other entities or subsequent businesses.